R&E Grant Applications Open
The R&E Foundation has a variety of grant opportunities available for radiologists at various career levels. These grant applications are open.
RESEARCH GRANTS – Deadline Jan. 18, 2022
• The RSNA Research Scholar Grant is the premier career development grant designed to transition junior faculty to independent investigators.
• The RSNA Research Seed Grant provides seed money to test hypotheses and conduct pilot studies to prepare major grant applications to corporations, foundations and government agencies. International applicants welcome.
• The Resident/Fellow Research Grant provides investigators a chance to explore powerful ideas and gain insight into specific investigations and practice research methods and techniques.
MEDICAL STUDENT RESEARCH GRANT – Deadline Feb. 3, 2022
This grant offers medical students radiology research opportunities and encourages them to consider academic radiology.
EDUCATION GRANTS – Deadline Jan. 10, 2022
• The Derek Harwood-Nash International Education Scholar Grant is open to international and domestic applicants for projects in any area of radiologic education with an international scope.
• The RSNA/AUR/APDR/SCARD Radiology Education Research Development Grant provides research opportunities to designed to advance the science of radiology education. International applicants welcome.
R&E Foundation BOT Adopts New Mission Statement
The R&E Foundation Board of Trustees (BOT) recently approved a new mission statement for the Foundation.
“The redefined statement ‘Invest in the future of radiology by developing investigators and supporting lifelong innovative research and education,’ is truly reflective of RSNA’s commitment to cultivating careers in research and education and investing in the collective future of our specialty,” said Vijay M. Rao, MD, chair, R&E Foundation Board of Trustees.
Since its inception in 1984, the RSNA R&E Foundation has awarded $70 million in grant support to over 1,600 researchers and educators. Visit the R&E Foundation to learn about funding opportunities, past and current grant recipients, and ways to donate.
R&E Strengthens DE&I Commitment
The R&E Foundation Board of Trustees voted unanimously to include the minorities underrepresented in medicine (UIM) research medical student grant funding opportunity as a permanent offering in the Foundation’s Research Medical Student Grant program. First introduced in 2019, the funding mechanism is designed to raise awareness of the specialty and increase early research funding among UIM medical student grant applicants.
“This opportunity is a critical first step in cultivating a more diverse specialty,” said Vijay M. Rao, MD, chair, R&E Foundation Board of Trustees. “Building a talented, more inclusive cadre of researchers will positively impact our entire specialty and improve the care of all patients we serve.”
The Medical Student Research Grant gives medical students an early exposure to the specialty prior to choosing a residency program. Supported by a scientific advisor and guided by a network of mentors, a summer project can lead to a lifelong research career.