Annual meeting travelers can use this page to find safety tips, transportation recommendations and other travel-related information for domestic and international travelers.
Non-U.S. citizens traveling to the U.S. must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, but are no longer required to show a negative COVID-19 test result prior to boarding a flight.
Please note: RSNA does not have the capability to assist with various embassies’ procedures for securing necessary visas. However, you can create a personalized invitation letter to help secure your visa on our international invitation letter page.
Chicago is easily accessible throughout North America and from all over the world via two large, modern airports and a robust public transit system, making it convenient to get wherever you need to go in the city.
Explore the variety of transportation options in Chicago to help you plan your trip.
Travel to RSNA 2022 for less! Use one of our annual meeting promo codes to get discounted airfare to Chicago.
Safety tips for travelers
As an international travel hub with world-class accommodations, Chicago provides convenience for all travelers, an abundance of cultural opportunities and top-notch dining experiences. Condé Nast Traveler has named Chicago the best big city in the U.S. for six years in a row.
Chicago has a long and successful track record of hosting large-scale, highly secure events. Public safety is a top priority, and Chicago’s city government works tirelessly with community partners in a coordinated manner to provide the safest possible environment for visitors. Every year, RSNA works closely with McCormick Place and the City of Chicago to promote the safest possible meeting environment and to prepare for the possibility of any emergency that may arise.
The Chicago Police Department monitors events across the city to ensure the appropriate resources are in place to ensure public safety. The city has hosted numerous large events, meetings, and festivals this year without incident.
McCormick Place has expert, 24/7 security staff in all buildings, a central security command center, a dedicated Chicago Police Department beat, patrol vehicles, and bike patrol officers. Additionally, McCormick Place has 1,400 closed-circuit cameras that security staff monitor 24/7 and a robust emergency communications system.
As with any large city in the U.S., incidents of crime do occur, and visitors should remain alert and aware of their surroundings at all times.
Please refer to the helpful tips below to enjoy a safe and productive travel experience.
Before you leave home
- Conduct a pre-travel assessment of current social and political climate; potential health, safety and security issues; and any associated public health or safety measures in place.
- Familiarize yourself with the local culture and customs.
- Share your itinerary with family members or friends.
- Make sure you have any needed travel documents; photograph your travel documents; store the images in an online backup service and share with a colleague.
- Stay up to date on weather conditions that may affect your trip; plan and pack accordingly.
- Keep your bags and travel documents with you.
- Keep electronic devices fully charged; carry a portable battery charger for your phone.
- Avoid sending personal or financial information over unsecured Wi-Fi connections.
- Make a note of the nearest medical facility nearest to your hotel.
- Use RSNA shuttle transportation to get to and from McCormick Place.
- When walking around the city at night, be aware of your surroundings, stay in well-populated areas, and travel with a companion or in a group when possible.
- Do not wear your RSNA 2022 badge outside of McCormick Place.
For visitor resources and information on dining, culture and shopping in Chicago, visit ChooseChicago.com.