Clinical Trials Methodology Workshop
During this intensive six-day workshop, you will acquire the tools and expertise to develop protocols for clinical evaluation of imaging modalities and become a funded principal investigator for imaging clinical trials. A dynamic and experienced faculty will prepare participants for the workshop and lead them in didactic sessions, one-on-one mentoring, small group discussion sessions, self-study and individual protocol development.
- Principles of clinical study design
- Statistical methods for imaging studies
- Taxonomy of imaging trials
- Introduction to cost effectiveness analysis
- FDA regulation of imaging modalities
- Approach to trial design in the era of big data
Applicants will undergo a rigorous selection process. Successful applicants are:
- MD and PhD investigators who are junior faculty members in radiology, radiation oncology or nuclear medicine departments. Mid-career faculty and fellows may also be considered.
- Familiar with the basic concepts and techniques of statistics and study design.
- In or plan to enter a career track that will permit them to be a principal investigator on a clinical trial.
Accreditation and CME credit statement
The RSNA is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This live activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Jan. 11-17, 2020
Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa, Coronado, California
Participants are responsible for costs associated with air travel, hotel accommodations and ground transportation to the workshop location. There is no registration fee for this course.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2019.