Introduction to Academic Radiology (ITAR)
Co-sponsored by RSNA, the Association of University Radiologists (AUR) and the American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS), this workshop focuses on the importance of research in diagnostic radiology and the excitement of academic careers in radiology.
During ITAR, participants will connect with successful clinical radiology researchers, future colleagues and potential mentors. Selected workshop participants receive a $1,000 award (through their respective departments) to offset travel costs to either the RSNA or ARRS annual meeting.
Review the workshop details, learning objectives and applicant criteria below.
ITAR workshop dates and locations
RSNA will assign selected participants to attend the workshop during the RSNA annual meeting OR the ARRS annual meeting. The nomination form allows you to indicate preferred dates. We will do our best to honor your preference, but cannot guarantee this.
- RSNA annual meeting
- Nov. 27–30 2023 | McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
- ARRS annual meeting
- May 5–9, 2024 | Boston, MA
The application deadline for 2023-24 has passed. Applications for next year’s cycle will be available by April 2024.
- Introduce residents to academic radiology early in their residencies.
- Demonstrate the importance of research in radiologic sciences.
- Share the excitement of academic careers in radiology.
- Introduce residents to successful clinical radiology researchers, future colleagues and potential mentors
- Stella Kang, MD
- Despina Kontos, PhD
This workshop is intended for:
- Residents who will be PGY3 trainees in the 2023-24 academic year and are based in the United States or Canada
- Residents within radiology, radiation oncology and nuclear medicine specialties
Candidates must agree to attend all functions associated with the program and participate in a longitudinal study aimed to determine the program’s success.
Please direct all workshop questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.