Introduction to Academic Radiology (ITAR)
This workshop focuses on the importance of research in diagnostic radiology and the excitement of academic careers in radiology. Review the workshop details, learning objectives and applicant criteria below.
During ITAR, participants will connect with successful clinical radiology researchers, future colleagues and potential mentors. Selected workshop participants receive a $1,000 award (through their respective departments) to offset travel costs to either the RSNA or American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) annual meeting.
This workshop is co-sponsored by RSNA, the Association of University Radiologists (AUR) and ARRS.
- Introduce residents to academic radiology early in their residencies.
- Demonstrate the importance of research in radiologic sciences.
- Share the excitement of academic careers in radiology.
- Introduce residents to successful clinical radiology researchers, future colleagues and potential mentors
Workshop dates and locations
RSNA will assign selected participants to attend the workshop during the RSNA annual meeting OR the ARRS annual meeting. The nomination form allows you to indicate preferred dates. We will do our best to honor your preference, but cannot guarantee this.RSNA annual meeting
Nov. 28 – Dec. 1, 2022 | McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
ARRS annual meeting
April 16–20, 2023 | Honolulu
- Ajay Gupta, MD
- Despina Kontos, PhD
This workshop is intended for:
- Residents who will be PGY3 trainees in the 2022-23 academic year and are based in the United States or Canada
- Residents within radiology, radiation oncology and nuclear medicine specialties
Candidates must agree to attend all functions associated with the program and participate in a longitudinal study aimed to determine the program’s success.
The application deadline for 2022–23 has passed. The nomination form for the 2023–24 program will be available April 2023.
Please direct all workshop questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.