Introduction to Academic Radiology for Scientists (ITARSc)
In this introductory workshop held during the RSNA annual meeting, PhD scientists in imaging research and biomedical engineering are introduced to the scope of research and the keys to success in the imaging sciences. Proposed topics include:
- Faculty tracks for imaging scientists.
- Building and organizing a laboratory.
- Commercial partnerships, intellectual property, and technology transfer.
- Importance and development of clinical collaborations.
The program will consist of a combination of dedicated programming for Introduction to Academic Radiology for Scientists (ITARSc) participants and shared sessions with participants of the Introduction to Academic Radiology (ITAR) program.
A $1000 award will be made to the selected participants, through their respective departments, to offset travel costs to attend the 2021 RSNA annual meeting, along with complimentary registration.
- Introduce participants to the scope of research in the imaging sciences.
- Highlight the important role of PhDs in the imaging sciences.
- Identify keys to success for PhD scientists in imaging research.
- Introduce participants to successful radiological researchers that may serve as future mentors.
This workshop is intended for postdoctoral fellows and junior researchers in the imaging sciences or biomedical engineering with no more than six years since award of their doctorate.
November 28 – December 2, 2021
Elizabeth A. Krupinski, PhD
McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois
We are hopeful that we will be able to offer this valuable educational opportunity as an in-person event. We will continue to monitor the situation and any change of plans will be communicated. If an in-person meeting is not held, the ITARSc course director will work to offer a modified web-based program.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2021
Please direct all workshop questions to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.