Introduction to Academic Radiology for Scientists (ITARSc)
Held during the RSNA annual meeting, this workshop provides PhD scientists in imaging research and biomedical engineering with an introduction to the scope of research and keys to success in the imaging sciences.
Review the workshop details, learning objectives and applicant criteria below and submit your application by July 1.
Workshop topics include:
- Faculty tracks for imaging scientists.
- Building and organizing a laboratory.
- Commercial partnerships, intellectual property, and technology transfer.
- Importance and development of clinical collaborations.
Some ITARSc programming will be shared with participants of the Introduction to Academic Radiology (ITAR) workshop.
Selected ITARSc participants receive a $1,000 award (through their respective departments) to offset travel costs to the RSNA annual meeting. Complimentary meeting registration is provided.
Please note: Some workshops topics may change.
- Introduce participants to the scope of research in the imaging sciences.
- Highlight the important role of PhDs in the imaging sciences.
- Identify keys to success for PhD scientists in imaging research.
- Introduce participants to successful radiological researchers that may serve as future mentors.
Workshop dates and location
November 28 – December 1, 2022 | McCormick Place, Chicago IL
Elizabeth A. Krupinski, PhD
This workshop is intended for postdoctoral fellows and junior researchers in the imaging sciences or biomedical engineering with no more than six years since the award of their doctorate.
The application deadline has passed. Applications for next year’s workshop will be available by April 2023.
Please direct all workshop questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.