Clinical Trials Methodology Workshop
Acquire the tools you need to develop protocols and become a funded, principal investigator for imaging clinical trials during this intensive, six-day workshop.
During the Clinical Trials Methodology Workshop, participants will gain knowledge in writing trials that evaluate novel imaging or image-guided interventions. Plus, dynamic and experienced faculty members will prepare participants for the workshop and lead didactic sessions, one-on-one mentoring, small-group discussions and individual protocol development.
Workshop dates and location
Jan. 6–12, 2024
Wyndham Grand Jupiter at Harbourside Place
Onsite stay is required. There is no course registration fee.
The application deadline for 2024 has passed. Applications for the 2025 workshop will be available in March 2024.
- Principles of clinical study design
- Statistical methods for imaging studies
- Taxonomy of imaging trials
- Sponsorship, economics and data quality
- FDA regulation of imaging modalities
- Trial design in the era of big data
Applicants will undergo a rigorous selection process. Successful applicants are:
- MD and PhD investigators who are junior faculty members in radiology, radiation oncology or nuclear medicine departments. Mid-career faculty and fellows may also be considered.
- Familiar with the basic concepts and techniques of statistics and study design.
- In or plan to enter a career track that will permit them to be a principal investigator on a clinical trial.
- Residents undertaking a research year will also be considered.
- Participants must be RSNA members at the time of the workshop.
The Society of Interventional Radiology Foundation (SIRF) provides up to four travel awards for selected interventional radiology participants (sponsored applicants must be SIR members.)
- Jeffrey Blume, PhD
- Susanna I. Lee, MD, PhD
CME credit statement
The Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Please direct all workshop questions to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.