Clinical Trials Methodology Workshop
During this intensive six-day workshop, you will acquire the tools and expertise to develop protocols for clinical evaluation of imaging modalities and become a funded principal investigator for imaging clinical trials. A dynamic and experienced faculty will prepare participants for the workshop and lead them in didactic sessions, one-on-one mentoring, small-group discussion sessions, self-study and individual protocol development.
- Principles of clinical study design
- Statistical methods for imaging studies
- Taxonomy of imaging trials
- Introduction to cost-effectiveness analysis
- FDA regulation of imaging modalities
- Approach to trial design in the era of big data
Applicants will undergo a rigorous selection process. Successful applicants are:
- MD and PhD investigators who are junior faculty members in radiology, radiation oncology or nuclear medicine departments. Mid-career faculty and fellows may also be considered.
- Familiar with the basic concepts and techniques of statistics and study design.
- In or plan to enter a career track that will permit them to be a principal investigator on a clinical trial.
- Residents undertaking a research year will also be considered.
- Participants must be RSNA members at the time of the workshop.
The Society of Interventional Radiology Foundation (SIRF) provides up to four travel awards for selected interventional radiology participants (sponsored applicants must be SIR members.)
Workshop dates and location
January 7 to 13, 2023 | Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa | Coronado, California
RSNA will monitor health and safety guidelines in California and any change of plans to the in-person event will be communicated to all participants.
- Michael Soulen, MD
- Jeffrey Blume, PhD
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2023 Clinical Trials and Methodology Workshop. The application for next year’s workshop will be available by March 2023.
CME credit information
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Please direct all workshop questions to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.