Board of Directors
RSNA’s Board of Directors is a highly skilled and carefully selected group of individuals committed to the future of radiology and advancing the Society’s mission. Learn about how the board functions.
2020-21 Board of Directors
- The board consists of six elected directors, the president and the president-elect.
- Elections are held at every annual meeting.
- Each director serves a six-year term, and in the last year of the term serves as chair of the Board of Directors.
- Before moving to a chairmanship position, the directors hold functional cabinet positions including:
- Liaison for education
- Liaison for information technology and annual meeting
- Liaison for international affairs
- Liaison for publications and communications
- Liaison for science
- The president is responsible for external relations, and the president-elect serves as the secretary-treasurer and is responsible for assigned major projects.
- The board ensures periodic rotation of committee personnel and appoints:
- Committee members who are responsible for all programming
- Editors of RSNA journals
- The board employs an executive director who serves as CEO of RSNA.
View the RSNA Board of Directors cabinet structure.