• News App
  • To:
  • The Value of Membership

    March 01, 2013

    RSNA Assists with New MOC Self-Assessment CME Requirement

    Along with hundreds of education activities specifically designed to help physicians meet American Board of Radiology (ABR) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) needs, RSNA also helps members fulfill a new Self-Assessment CME (SA-CME) requirement for Part II of the MOC program.

    Part II of MOC for Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment for diagnostic radiologists requires physicians to earn 75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ every three years. At least 70 percent of earned CME credit must be in diagnostic radiology or related areas, with the remaining 30 percent in clinically relevant areas of learning.

    As of January 1, Part II of the MOC program for diagnostic radiologists requires physicians to earn SA-CME in addition to regular CME credits. SA-CME is designed to enhance a physician’s knowledge and skills as well as provide continuous opportunity for improvement. At least 25 of the 75 CME credits must be qualified as SA-CME to meet requirements for Part II of MOC for diagnostic radiologists.

    RSNA activities that fulfill SA-CME requirements include RadioGraphics and Radiology CME tests, online refresher courses, Cases of the Day and self-assessment modules (SAMs). SA-CME credits earned by members through RSNA will be recorded and tracked in the RSNA CME Repository and automatically transferred to the CME Gateway for those with accounts. (See Page 24 for more details.)

    To access RSNA’s wide selection of online CME and SA-CME activities, visit RSNA.org/order. For information about SA-CME, contact ABR at abrmocp@theabr.org or call 1-520-519-2152.  For more information on RSNA's Education Offerings, go to RSNA.org/Science_and_Education.aspx.

    Refresh Course CD Catalog
  • comments powered by Disqus

We appreciate your comments and suggestions in our effort to improve your RSNA web experience.

Name (required)


Email Address (required)


Comments (required)





Discounted Dues: Eligible North American Countries 
Costa Rica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Netherlands Antilles
St. Vincent & Grenadines
Country    Country    Country 
Afghanistan   Grenada   Pakistan
Albania   Guatemala   Papua New Guinea
Algeria   Guinea   Paraguay
Angola   Guinea-Bissau   Peru
Armenia   Guyana   Phillippines
Azerbaijan   Haiti   Rwanda
Bangladesh   Honduras   Samoa
Belarus   India   Sao Tome & Principe
Belize   Indonesia   Senegal
Benin   Iran   Serbia
Bhutan   Iraq   Sierra Leone
Bolivia   Jordan   Solomon Islands
Bosnia & Herzegovina   Jamaica   Somalia
Botswana   Kenya   South Africa
Bulgaria   Kiribati   South Sudan
Burkina Faso   Korea, Dem Rep (North)   Sri Lanka
Burundi   Kosovo   St Lucia
Cambodia   Kyrgyzstan   St Vincent & Grenadines
Cameroon   Laos\Lao PDR   Sudan
Cape Verde   Lesotho   Swaziland
Central African Republic   Liberia   Syria
Chad   Macedonia   Tajikistan
China   Madagascar   Tanzania
Colombia   Malawi   Thailand
Comoros   Maldives   Timor-Leste
Congo, Dem. Rep.   Mali   Togo
Congo, Republic of   Marshall Islands   Tonga
Cote d'Ivoire   Mauritania   Tunisia
Djibouti   Micronesia, Fed. Sts.   Turkmenistan
Dominica   Moldova   Tuvalu
Domicican Republic   Mongolia   Uganda
Ecuador   Montenegro   Ukraine
Egypt   Morocco   Uzbekistan
El Salvador   Mozambique   Vanuatu
Eritrea   Myanmar   Vietnam
Ethiopia   Namibia   West Bank & Gaza
Fiji   Nepal   Yemen
Gambia, The   Nicaragua   Zambia
Georgia   Niger   Zimbabwe
Ghana   Nigeria    

Legacy Collection 2
Radiology Logo
RadioGraphics Logo 
Tier 1

  • Bed count: 1-400
  • Associate College: Community, Technical, Further Education (UK), Tribal College
  • Community Public Library (small scale): general reference public library, museum, non-profit administration office

Tier 2

  • Bed count: 401-750
  • Baccalaureate College or University: Bachelor's is the highest degree offered
  • Master's College or University: Master's is the highest degree offered
  • Special Focus Institution: theological seminaries, Bible colleges, engineering, technological, business, management, art, music, design, law

Tier 3

  • Bedcount: 751-1,000
  • Research University: high or very high research activity without affiliated medical school
  • Health Profession School: non-medical, but health focused

Tier 4

  • Bed count: 1,001 +
  • Medical School: research universities with medical school, including medical centers

Tier 5

  • Consortia: academic, medical libraries, affiliated hospitals, regional libraries and other networks
  • Corporate
  • Government Agency and Ministry
  • Hospital System
  • Private Practice
  • Research Institute: government and non-government health research
  • State or National Public Library
  • Professional Society: trade unions, industry trade association, lobbying organization