Introduction to Academic Radiology for Junior Faculty (ITARJF): Pilot Program
Held during the RSNA annual meeting, this two-day workshop provides junior faculty with an introduction to the many opportunities available for conducting research either as a principal investigator (PI), co-PI or as a collaborator.
Review the workshop details, learning objectives and applicant criteria below.
Workshop topics include:
- Biostatistics—Essentials for a Young Investigator
- Fundamentals for a Site-PI (Includes IRB and contracting issues)
- Why (and How) to be a Good Research Collaborator
- Ask the Chairs—Chair Perspectives on Junior Faculty Research
ITARJF programming will consist of a combination of pre-recorded sessions and live content. Some sessions will be shared with participants of the Introduction to Academic Radiology (ITAR) workshop.
A $500 award will be made to the selected participants, through their respective departments, to offset travel costs to attend the 2022 RSNA annual meeting.
Selected ITARJF participants will receive a $500 award (through their respective departments) to offset travel costs to the RSNA annual meeting.
Please note: Some workshop topics may change.
- Introduce junior faculty to the many opportunities available for conducting research in radiology and demonstrate its importance in radiologic sciences.
- Prepare junior faculty to participate in research as a PI, co-PI or collaborator.
- Introduce junior faculty to further opportunities to enhance their research training through more advanced research training workshops and courses.
- Provide junior faculty with an opportunity to meet future research colleagues and mentors.
Workshop dates and location
Nov. 28–29, 2022 | McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
- Brent D. Griffith, MD
- Tina D. Tailor, MD
This workshop is intended for:
- Faculty members no more than five years out of training
- Faculty members who are interested in becoming involved in imaging research either as a PI, co-PI or collaborator
- RSNA members from the United States or Canada
Candidates must agree to participate in all functions associated with the program. A limit of one applicant per department will be considered.
The application deadline has passed. Applications for next year’s workshop will be available by April 2023.
Please direct all workshop questions to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.