Introduction to Academic Radiology for Junior Faculty (ITARJF): Pilot Program
Held during the RSNA annual meeting, this two-day workshop provides junior faculty with an introduction to the many opportunities available for conducting research either as a principal investigator (PI), co-PI or as a collaborator.
Review the workshop details, learning objectives and applicant criteria below.
ITARJF workshop dates and location
Nov. 27–28, 2023 | McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
The application deadline for 2023 has passed. Applications for next year’s program will be available by April 2024.
Workshop topics include:
- Biostatistics—Essentials for a Young Investigator
- Fundamentals for a Site-PI (Includes IRB and contracting issues)
- Why (and How) to be a Good Research Collaborator
- Ask the Chairs—Chair Perspectives on Junior Faculty Research
ITARJF programming will consist of a combination of pre-recorded sessions and live content. Some sessions will be shared with participants of the Introduction to Academic Radiology (ITAR) workshop.
Selected ITARJF participants will receive a $500 award (through their respective departments) to offset travel costs to the RSNA annual meeting.
Please note: Some workshop topics may change.
- Introduce junior faculty to the many opportunities available for conducting research in radiology and demonstrate its importance in radiologic sciences.
- Prepare junior faculty to participate in research as a PI, co-PI or collaborator.
- Introduce junior faculty to further opportunities to enhance their research training through more advanced research training workshops and courses.
- Provide junior faculty with an opportunity to meet future research colleagues and mentors.
- Brent D. Griffith, MD
- Tina D. Tailor, MD
This workshop is intended for:
- Faculty members no more than five years out of training
- Faculty members who are interested in becoming involved in imaging research either as a PI, co-PI or collaborator
- RSNA members from the United States or Canada
Candidates must agree to participate in all functions associated with the program. A limit of one applicant per department will be considered.
Please direct all workshop questions to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.