RSNA Seeks Radiology: Cardiothoracic Imaging Trainee Editorial Board Members
Apply by Oct. 24 for unique opportunity to serve on a journal editorial board
Radiology: Cardiothoracic Imaging, RSNA's journal focused on research advances and technical developments in medical imaging that drive cardiothoracic medicine, is accepting applications for a new Trainee Editorial Board (TEB). The one-year term on the editorial board will begin on Dec. 1, 2021.
This opportunity is open to residents, fellows, masters/PhD students and post-doctoral fellows in radiology, cardiology, nuclear medicine and the imaging sciences.
During their term, editorial board members will:
- Create and post social media content, including Tweetorials and author interview videos or podcasts based on the Radiology: Cardiothoracic Imaging articles.
- Participate in mentored peer review: TEB members will be paired with a senior editorial board member for journal article review and will be invited to present at the board meeting as a second reader (expectation: one mentored peer review per year).
- Create journal content relevant to trainees and junior faculty: TEB members will write an opinion piece on trainee experience in research, clinical practice, ethics, or health policy.
- Contribute to editing, reviewing and promoting imaging research.
- Participate in monthly videoconferences with the Radiology: Cardiothoracic Imaging board members to review content created by the TEB and to develop editorial skills through interactive webinars with topics to include peer review, principles of scientific writing, ethics of scientific journalism, biostatistics, and more.
Applicants should have experience in journal publication, imaging research, or scientific writing and must be RSNA members currently and throughout their term. Applicants with diverse backgrounds including non-North American applications are encouraged.
To apply, applicants should submit the following:
- One to two paragraph statement of interest indicating their qualifications and background;
- Copy of their CV;
- Link to a Tweetorial or educational online video content;
- Copy of one publication representative of their work; and
- Recommendation letter from the program director at their program indicating proficiency in the training program and background/interest relative to the editorial board of Radiology: Cardiothoracic Imaging-TEB.
Applicants must be RSNA members throughout their term. All application materials should be submitted by Oct. 24, 2021.
Questions can be directed to RCTI@rsna.org.
For More Information
Access the current issue of Radiology: Cardiothoracic Imaging