Radiology Seeks New Editor
RSNA seeking applications by May 14
RSNA is accepting applications for the position of Radiology editor. David A. Bluemke, MD, PhD, has held the position since 2018 and will step down at the end of 2022.
Launched by RSNA in 1923, Radiology is the authoritative reference for the most current, clinically relevant and highest quality research in the field of radiology. Each month the journal publishes approximately 240 pages of peer-reviewed original research, authoritative reviews, well-balanced commentary on significant articles, and expert opinion on new techniques and technologies. The journal’s impact factor has increased consistently to its current all-time high of 7.93.
“The RSNA Board of Directors appreciates the outstanding contributions David Bluemke has made as editor of Radiology,” said RSNA President Mary C. Mahoney, MD. “As we begin the search for his successor, RSNA hopes to build on his legacy and maintain the highest standards of excellence in research and communication for our flagship journal.”
The Radiology editor is responsible for:
- Encouraging submissions of scientific manuscripts to the journal.
- Setting high standards of scientific integrity.
- Developing guidelines and mechanisms for peer review of submitted manuscripts.
- Releasing accepted manuscripts on a timely basis for copyediting, final review and publication.
- Formulating and interpreting editorial philosophy and policies.
- Cooperating with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in the production of a self-supporting, highest quality publication with a strong impact factor.
Plans call for the new Radiology editor to be selected in December 2021. That person will become the editor-designate on July 1, 2022, and become the editor in January 2023.
The full job description can be found at https://pubs.rsna.org/page/radiology/editor.
A search committee chaired by Jeffrey S. Klein, MD, RSNA Board liaison for publications and communications, will assist the Board of Directors in finding a new editor. Interested physicians are invited to email their curricula vitae, cover letters and vision statements by May 14 to email@example.com