RSNA Seeks Radiology: In Training Editorial Board Members
Apply by June 1 for unique opportunity to serve on a journal editorial board
Radiology, RSNA’s premier peer-reviewed journal, is seeking applications from radiology residents and fellows for positions on the Radiology: In Training Editorial Board. Terms on the editorial board will begin on July 1, 2020.
During their one-year term, editorial board members will:
- Learn about editing, reviewing and promoting radiology research.
- Participate in peer review in up to four manuscripts each year.
- Author social media content, including Tweetorials, videos and the editor's blog.
- Interact with the Radiology editorial board during content production.
- Solicit and participate in peer review of established article types, such as Diagnosis Please and Images, along with new article types, including Research in Practice and Trainee Perspectives.
- Participate in monthly teleconferences with the Radiology Editor, David Bluemke, MD, PhD, and Deputy Editor, Susanna I. Lee, MD, PhD.
Applicants must be in training in a residency, fellowship, graduate degree program or postdoctoral fellowship in radiology, nuclear medicine and the imaging sciences throughout their editorial board term. They should have strong critical-thinking skills, a mastery of written English and experience in scientific writing. They should also have a track record of amplifying imaging science content on social media with a solid knowledge of research design and basic biostatistics.
To apply, applicants should submit a:
- Copy of their CV, including a list of professional social media accounts
- Link to a Tweetorial and/or a video featuring themselves discussing a recent Radiology article
- Signed letter of support from an onsite program director of department chair at their program
Applicants must be RSNA members currently and throughout their term. Submit materials at the Radiology: In Training application site by June 1.
For More Information
Access the current issue of Radiology.