RSNA's strategic plan was created by our leadership to guide our organization's work for the next five years. This plan was updated in 2023 and is effective through 2028.
RSNA aspires to be the premier professional association dedicated to promoting health through radiologic science and education.
RSNA promotes excellence in patient care and health care delivery through education, research and technologic innovation.
- Quality & Safety
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Goals and objectives
Goal 1: RSNA will advance innovation and radiologic science.
- Make RSNA the forum of choice for presenting and discussing imaging science and new imaging technologies.
- Work with industry and government to bring innovation to practice.
- Maintain the position of the Radiology family of journals as the journals of choice for publishing and learning about radiologic science.
- Fund impactful and high-quality research and education through the Research & Education Foundation and other mechanisms.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in new areas of radiologic science.
Goal 2: RSNA will be recognized as an indispensable source of information about radiologic science and practice.
- Provide a comprehensive collection of education content across all radiology knowledge areas and skill levels.
- Develop a comprehensive approach to delivering RSNA’s education offerings to meet user preferences.
- Serve as the point-of-care resource for all radiologists.
Goal 3: RSNA will promote diversity, equity and inclusion in the radiology profession and empower radiologists to provide equitable patient care for everyone.
- Prioritize the values and goals of diversity, equity and inclusion, and health equity throughout RSNA programs and activities.
- Establish more equitable pathways to build diversity within the profession, foster a culture of inclusion, and ensure diversity in RSNA leadership, faculty, committees and representatives to better reflect the future of the field.
- Use a scientific approach to identify, characterize and reduce health-related disparities.
- Collaborate with community and professional organizations focused on addressing health disparities and improving the field of medicine for underrepresented groups.
Goal 4: RSNA will connect its members with the people, companies and resources needed to advance the profession.
- Create meeting experiences that are compelling to current and future attendees.
- Serve as the nexus for interaction among and between imaging professionals, government agencies and industry representatives.
- Promote meaningful connections among members of the radiologic science community.
Goal 5: RSNA will demonstrate and raise awareness of the crucial role of radiology and radiologists throughout health care.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with other medical disciplines and organizations to leverage the collective voice of radiology.
- Guide the appropriate use of imaging and optimal utilization of imaging resources.
- Foster methods to improve interactions among radiologists, referring providers, and patients.