RSNA's strategic plan was created by our leadership to guide our organization's work for the next five years. This plan was updated in 2020 and is effective through 2025.
The RSNA aspires to be the premier professional association dedicated to promoting health through radiologic science and education.
RSNA promotes excellence in patient care and health care delivery through education, research and technologic innovation.
- Quality & Safety
Goals and strategies
Goal 1: RSNA will advance innovation in radiologic science.
- Make the RSNA Annual Meeting the forum of choice for presenting and discussing imaging science and new imaging technologies.
- Work with industry and government agencies to bring innovation to practice.
- Make the Radiology family of journals the journals of choice for publishing and learning about radiologic science.
- Fund impactful and high-quality research and education through the Research & Education Foundation and other mechanisms.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in new areas of research, including data science and AI related technologies.
Goal 2: RSNA will be recognized as an indispensable source of information about radiologic science.
- Provide a comprehensive collection of education content across all radiology knowledge areas and skill levels.
- Develop a comprehensive approach to delivering RSNA’s education offerings to meet user preferences.
- Serve as the point-of-care learning resource for all radiologists.
- Deliver educational content in a customizable personal manner.
Goal 3: RSNA will improve understanding of the value of radiology and radiologists throughout the healthcare system.
- Develop resources for patients to better understand the radiologist’s role in their healthcare.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with the various medical disciplines.
- Foster methods to improve radiologists’ interactions with patients.
Goal 4: RSNA will connect its members with the people, companies, and resources needed to advance the profession.
- Create Annual Meeting experiences that are compelling to current and future attendees.
- Promote diverse representation within the profession and ensure diversity in RSNA leadership.
- Serve as the nexus for interaction among and between imaging professionals, government agencies and industry representatives.
- Promote meaningful connections among members of the radiologic science community.