International Visiting Professor Program
RSNA supports global radiology education through the International Visiting Professor (IVP) Program. This program allows small teams of visiting professors to teach at select hospitals with radiology residency training programs in developing nations.
We’d like to extend a special thanks to Agfa Healthcare and Fujifilm Medical Systems for their continued support of this program.
National, regional, or local radiology societies, universities, and hospitals in, or that primarily serve, developing nations may host an IVP team. The host institution will select and organize visits to local hospitals with active radiology training programs that have a need for educational enrichment from an IVP team.
Host applications must be completed jointly by the host institution and local hospitals and should include the following:
- Description of specific educational needs, such as modality or subspecialty interests
- List of the staff members fluent in English
- The number of residents in each year of training and the percentage of those capable of understanding a presentation delivered in English
Please note: Educational institutions that are adjuncts of private practices are not eligible for this program.
Every host institution is expected to provide the following as part of the International Visiting Professor Program:
- Hotel accommodations and meals for the duration of the IVP team’s visit
- A contact who can communicate the program, schedule and hospitality arrangements to IVP team members and RSNA
- Evaluate the IVP team for RSNA within two weeks of the visit
2020 host applications
All host applications for the 2020 International Visiting Professor Program are due
March 1, 2019.
Our visiting professors are experienced teachers who are engaging, have a passion for education and are experts in their subspecialty of radiology. Before volunteering to serve on the IVP team, please review "What to Expect as a Visiting Professor" (PDF) to make sure this is the right position for you.
Some important things to note about the program are:
- All travel, accommodations and associated expenses are covered by either RSNA or the host institution.
- Airfare must be arranged through RSNA’s travel agent.
- IVPs cannot receive funding from sources other than the host institution, their own institution and RSNA.
- All IVP team members are expected to fill out a questionnaire and written report about their program experience once it is completed.
2020 visiting professor application
To apply to be an IVP in 2020, please fill out an application.
Applications are due March 1, 2019.
If you have any questions about the International Visiting Professor Program, please email email@example.com.
|2018||Mexico, Tanzania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Guatemala, Indonesia, Uganda|
|2017||Indonesia, Latvia, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Sri Lanka|
|2016||Mexico, Mongolia, Philippines, Ghana|
|2015||Chile, Nicaragua, Mexico|
|2014||Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, Mexico|
|2013||Russia, Kenya, Mexico|
|2012||Nepal, Vietnam, Mexico, El Salvador|
|2011||Malaysia, Mexico, Lithuania, Myanmar|
|2010||Brazil, Mexico, Philippines, Thailand|
|2009||Argentina, Bolivia, Estonia, Mexico, South Africa|
|2008||China, Mexico, Nigeria, Vietnam|
|2007||Algeria, Honduras, Mexico, Uganda|
|2006||Chile, India, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico|
|2005||Brazil, Mexico, Sri Lanka, Thailand|
|2004||Argentina, Mexico, Romania|
|2003||El Salvador, Guatemala, South Africa|
|2002||Colombia, Fiji, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, Thailand|
|2001||Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, India, Nicaragua, Uruguay|
|2000||Ecuador, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka|
|1999||Brazil, Hungary, Lithuania, Turkey|
|1997||Ecuador, India, Syria|
|1995||Chile, Ecuador, India, Kenya, Malaysia|
|1994||India, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Thailand, West Indies|
|1993||Chile, Jordan, Latvia, Lithuania|
|1992||Fiji, Kenya, Malaysia|
|1991||Kenya, West Indies|