Data tools and standards
A core aspect of our mission is to promote excellence in patient care through innovative technology. RSNA has launched standards initiatives and created data tools that radiologists can use to improve the efficiency and quality of care.
RSNA is working to help bring data standards, such as a shared vocabulary, reporting templates and common data elements, into the everyday practice of radiology. Data standards enable radiology to:
- Share an integrated information infrastructure with other electronic health record systems.
- Organize, measure and analyze care records to meet business goals and quality measures.
- Support fully informed and personalized care decisions.
- Streamline workflows and increase efficiency.
- Demonstrate value in enhancing care quality and population health
Learn how RSNA’s standards initiatives and data tools improve patient care in radiology today.