RSNA Value of Imaging through Comparative Effectiveness (VOICE) Program
Whether you’re new to comparative effectiveness research (CER) or an experienced imaging researcher who wants to take your research to the next level, RSNA’s new VOICE program is designed to help you achieve your goals. The program helps you learn the key methodologies you need to perform CER like decision analysis, systematic review and more. Led by a multi-institutional team of experienced faculty, this innovative nine-month interactive program uses a blended learning approach using:
- hands-on training with two in-person workshops at RSNA headquarters
- web-based videos
- webinars and readings
- faculty support
- extended access to course material
The VOICE program is one of the few courses that provides imaging science researchers the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills that can be applied to eliciting the value and cost-effectiveness of diagnostic imaging procedures and imaging-based procedures. Plus, the program includes ongoing faculty support online and access to a discounted student license to TreeAge software during the second part of the course.
Upon completing the program, participants will be able to:
- Explain principles and methods of comparative effectiveness research, including evidence synthesis and systematic review, decision analysis and cost effectiveness analysis.
- Use software programs for systematic review, decision analysis and cost-effectiveness analysis.
Accreditation and CME credit statements
- The Radiology Society of North America (RSNA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- The RSNA designates this live activity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- The online educational courses will be offered for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- CME credit will be issued at the conclusion of each live workshop and at the end of each online course.
Course dates and locations
- Course duration September, 2019-May, 2020
- Two in-person workshops in Oakbrook, IL: September 27-28, 2019 and February 28-29, 2020
- Three online courses consisting of web-based videos, readings, assignments and webinars occurring between workshops
- Recommended for radiologists and radiation oncologists at all levels of clinical experience, and imaging researchers
- Hunink M, Weinstein M, Wittenberg E, et al. Decision Making in Health and Medicine, Integrating Evidence and Values. 2nd ed: Cambridge University Press; 2014. View here on Amazon.
- Peter J. Neumann, Gillian D. Sanders, Louise B. Russell, Joanna E. Siegel, Theodore G. Ganiats . Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine 2nd Edition. Oxford University Press, 2016. [Noted as CEHM in reading list] View here on Amazon.
- Members: $1125
- Non-members: $1350
Special 50% discount for Members in Training. When you register, use promo code “50OFF”.