RSNA Value of Imaging through Comparative Effectiveness (VOICE) Program
Whether you’re new to comparative effectiveness research (CER), or are an experienced imaging researcher who wants to take your research to the next level, RSNA’s Value of Imaging through Comparative Effectiveness (VOICE) program is designed to help you achieve your goals and learn the key methodologies needed to perform CER, such as decision analysis and systematic review.
Led by a multi-institutional team of experienced faculty, this innovative and interactive nine-month program uses a blended learning approach by incorporating:
- Hands-on training
- Web-based videos
- Webinars and readings
- Faculty support
- Extended access to course material
The VOICE program is one of the few that provides imaging science researchers with the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills that can be applied to eliciting the value and cost-effectiveness of diagnostic imaging procedures and imaging-based procedures. Plus, the program includes ongoing faculty support online and access to a discounted student license to TreeAge software during the second part of the course.
Course dates and locations
The 2022-23 VOICE program has been canceled for this cycle. More information will be available by February 2023.
Who would benefit from this program?
This program is recommended for radiologists and radiation oncologists at all levels of clinical experience in addition to imaging researchers.
Upon completing the program, participants will be able to:
- Explain principles and methods of comparative effectiveness research, including:
- Evidence synthesis and systematic review
- Decision analysis and cost-effectiveness analysis
- Use software programs for systematic review, decision analysis and cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Stella Kang, MD, MSc
- Pina C. Sanelli, MD, MPH
- Hunink MG, Weinstein MC, Wittenberg E, et al. Decision Making in Health and Medicine, Integrating Evidence and Values. Second Edition; Cambridge University Press 2014.
- Neumann PJ, Sanders GD, Russell LB, et al. Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine. Second Edition; Oxford University Press 2016. [Noted as CEHM in reading list]
CME Credit Information
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.