RSNA Value of Imaging through Comparative Effectiveness (VOICE) Program
Whether you’re new to comparative effectiveness research (CER) or an experienced imaging researcher who wants to take your research to the next level, RSNA’s new VOICE program is designed to help you achieve your goals. The program helps you learn the key methodologies you need to perform CER like decision analysis, systematic review and more. Led by a multi-institutional team of experienced faculty, this innovative nine-month interactive program uses a blended learning approach using:
- hands-on training with two virtual workshops at RSNA headquarters
- web-based videos
- webinars and readings
- faculty support
- extended access to course material
The VOICE program is one of the few courses that provides imaging science researchers the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills that can be applied to eliciting the value and cost-effectiveness of diagnostic imaging procedures and imaging-based procedures. Plus, the program includes ongoing faculty support online and access to a discounted student license to TreeAge software during the second part of the course.
Upon completing the program, participants will be able to:
- Explain principles and methods of comparative effectiveness research, including evidence synthesis and systematic review, decision analysis and cost effectiveness analysis.
- Use software programs for systematic review, decision analysis and cost-effectiveness analysis.
CME Credit Information
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™.
Course dates and locations
- Course duration September, 2021 - June, 2022
- Two workshops in Oakbrook, IL: September 17-18, 2021 and February 25-26, 2022
- Three online courses consisting of web-based videos, readings, assignments and webinars occurring between workshops
The primary consideration of RSNA is the health and safety of all who are a part of our community. We understand the long-term impact COVID-19 has had on travel and in-person meetings, but we are hopeful that we will be able to offer this valuable educational opportunity as an in-person event. We will continue to monitor the situation and any change of plans will be communicated.
Stella Kang, MD, MSc
Pina C. Sanelli, MD, MPH
- Recommended for radiologists and radiation oncologists at all levels of clinical experience, and imaging researchers
- Hunink M, Weinstein M, Wittenberg E, et al. Decision Making in Health and Medicine, Integrating Evidence and Values. 2nd ed: Cambridge University Press; 2014. View here on Amazon.
- Peter J. Neumann, Gillian D. Sanders, Louise B. Russell, Joanna E. Siegel, Theodore G. Ganiats . Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine 2nd Edition. Oxford University Press, 2016. [Noted as CEHM in reading list] View here on Amazon.
Register by July 31 to guarantee your seat!
- Members — $975
- Non-members — $1,200
- Trainees — $488
A limited number of $1,000 awards will be available to support trainees and faculty registrants, in the form of reimbursement for course registration fees or travel expenses upon completion of the course, provided by NYU Langone Health.