Medical Student Travel Scholarship
Medical students who are considering radiology as a career choice, are currently enrolled at an accredited North American medical school and are otherwise not receiving funding from RSNA are eligible to apply for the Medical Student Travel Scholarship.
- Be an RSNA member to apply for the scholarship
- Be a full-time medical student at an accredited North American medical school
- Submit a 500-word essay; including why you’re interested in radiology, what you hope to glean from the conference and how/why this scholarship opportunity will benefit you
Scholarship recipients are expected to:
- Register for the RSNA 2021 annual meeting
- Attend 3 to 5 essentials courses, 3 to 5 case-based courses and the RSNA Resident and Fellows Symposium on Tuesday, November 30 from 1 to 4 PM Central Time (CT)
- Provide feedback about their experience upon the conclusion of the annual meeting to help RSNA improve the program for medical students and learn about their experience
- Scholarship recipients will have their names displayed in the Residents Lounge at McCormick Place.
- All scholarship recipients will receive a $1,000 stipend, regardless of distance from Chicago or location of accredited medical school.
- Award money will be distributed on-site during RSNA 2021.
- Applications will be reviewed by members of the RSNA Resident and Fellow Committee.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified mid-September to allow enough time for hotel and travel arrangements.
The deadline to apply for the Medical Student Travel Scholarship is August 13.
Interested in additional involvement opportunities?
Make sure to check out RSNA’s Microvolunteering Portal! It’s the place where you can volunteer for short-term projects that fit your interests, expertise and schedule—allowing you to make an immediate impact in the radiology community. New opportunities are added throughout the year, so check back often to see what’s available.