There are a variety of ways to get to and from McCormick Place, Chicago's airports and around the city.
On this page
Free hotel shuttle
RSNA provides complimentary shuttle bus transportation between official RSNA hotels and McCormick Place.
Taxis are plentiful throughout the city of Chicago. Taxi service can cost approximately $5 to $30 per ride, depending on traffic and the length of your trip.
Taxi service at Midway and O’Hare airports is located on the lower level outside the baggage claim area. Please make sure to use the designated taxi stands. Taxis do not offer flat rates into the city. The average fare from the airport to the city ranges between $30 to $60.
Rideshares are a popular and economical mode of transportation in the city.
- View Chicago O'Hare International Airport rideshare information and passenger loading zones.
- View Chicago Midway International Airport rideshare information and passenger loading zones.
- View McCormick Place rideshare information and passenger loading zones.
Bus and subway service
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) provides easy transportation to McCormick Place, throughout the city and to major attractions via bus service and elevated ("L")/subway train lines.
The CTA website offers an easy-to-use trip planner, an overview of transit services, a guide to the system and instructions for first-time riders.
The nearest CTA "L" station is the Cermak-McCormick Place Green Line Station. It's located at the intersection of Cermak Road and State Street, two blocks from the northwest corner of the McCormick Place West Building, Gate 41.
Chicago's commuter rail system, Metra, provides direct service within 7 minutes to and from downtown Chicago and McCormick Place via the Metra Electric line, and stops inside the convention center.
Downtown stations are located within walking distance of many hotels.
McCormick Place parking
- Lot A (also known as the Martin Luther King lot) is located at 2301 S. Prairie Ave. (adjacent to the West Building).
- Overnight parking is only available in this lot. This parking garage is automated and open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Lakeside Center (Lot C)
- Lot C (also known as Lakeside Garage) is located at Fort Dearborn Dr.
- Overnight parking is not available in the Lakeside Center. This parking garage is open during event hours.
A limited number of prepaid, guaranteed parking spaces are available at McCormick Place.
GO Airport Express offers discounted private ground transportation service to and from Chicago O’Hare and Chicago Midway International Airports, Chicago hotels and McCormick Place. GO Airport Express donates a portion of its proceeds to the RSNA Research & Education Foundation.