Safety and Security at RSNA 2021
The safety and security of our attendees is important to the RSNA leadership team. During this year’s meeting, we continue to stress safety and security best practices to all our attendees. Every year, RSNA works closely with McCormick Place and the City of Chicago to promote the safest possible meeting environment and prepare for the possibility of any emergency that may arise.
RSNA Safety & Security Team
In addition to the uniformed security guards throughout the McCormick Place complex, RSNA has both uniformed and undercover law enforcement professionals, all with decades of experience, monitoring activities throughout the Meeting.
Be prepared for emergency situations
“If You See Something…Say Something”
- Call McCormick Place Security at 312-791-6060 or 6060 on House Phones – if time allows
- Unattended Packages/Bags – report to security guards or call McCormick Place Security
Fire or other emergency situations
When you enter an exhibit hall or meeting room, always visually locate the nearest exits.
Reporting an emergency at McCormick Place
Emergency Any Kind-Any Time
- Call McCormick Place Security at 312-791-6060 or 6060 on House Phones
- McCormick Place has direct contact with EMT’s, Fire and Police
- Report the TYPE of emergency, your name, location and your phone number
- Don’t hang up, unless you are in immediate danger
Active shooter scenarios and responses
“Don’t Freeze…Be Prepared to Act!”
- Run to escape – know the closest exit doors or escape routes
- Hide from sight – turn off audio sounds on cell phones; text a friend or associate
- Fight back - use any objects close at hand to counter the attacker
For the safety and security of all RSNA attendees:
- Badges are non-transferable and must be worn or displayed at all times while at McCormick Place.
- Misuse or misrepresentation of badge is strictly prohibited.
RSNA encourages all attendees to remain aware of their surroundings.