Planning your Chicago stay
Book your air and ground transportation
Visit the RSNA Travel resource page to see discounts on ground transportation, including parking options at McCormick Place in Chicago. Plus, RSNA provides complimentary transportation via shuttle bus and Metra Electric Line train service to/from RSNA-contracted hotels and McCormick Place. Remember to wear a face mask on all shuttles and public transportation.
Make time to see Chicago
Take in some local sights, catch a show or experience Chicago’s outstanding dining scene. Explore all Chicago has to offer, visit the About Chicago page to help you plan your visit.
Know before you go
- Health and Safety Requirements:
The city of Chicago is open but travelers should be aware of mandates currently in place to protect everyone’s health and safety. Masks are required while indoors in public places, including on public transportation, regardless of vaccination status. Some businesses and venues might require proof of vaccination. Learn about COVID-19 updates within the City of Chicago.
- Language: The official language of the RSNA annual meeting is English; but limited translation assistance is available. Visit any of the Information Desks at McCormick Place for additional information and assistance.
- Weather: Average temperatures in Chicago during the month of November and December are between 21°F (-6°C) and 35°F (2°C). It is recommended to pack warm clothes: a heavy coat, gloves and a hat. Complimentary coat checks (cloakrooms) are available at McCormick Place – South Building, Level 1, Room S100C and Lakeside Center East, Level 2 Lobby.
- Emergency Services: 911 is the emergency number for Police, Fire, and Ambulance unless you're in McCormick Place which is 312-791-6060.
- Currency: Click Here for an exchange rate calculator. For currency exchange locations, visit the International Traveler’s Page at Choose Chicago for more details.
- Attire: While there is no official dress code, business casual attire is recommended. However, some attendees prefer more casual attire. Common dress for men is dress pants and a collared shirt or sweater. Common dress for women is a dress, or a skirt or dress pants and a blouse. It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes as McCormick Place is a large building and often attendees walk quite far to get from one area of the building to another. *Veteran Attendee Tip! It takes approximately 15 minutes to walk from one end of McCormick Place to the other.
- Smoking: Chicago law prohibits smoking in public buildings including McCormick Place, and most bars and restaurants. Please note: this policy applies to tobacco products, as well as any form of electronic nicotine delivery system.
- Power Outlets: The standard current for power outlets in the U.S. is 110 V-120 V. Power/outlet adaptors may be necessary for those traveling from outside the U.S.
- Shopping: Many retail stores will offer discounted pricing on their merchandise during the week of RSNA 2021 due to the Thanksgiving holiday which occurs in late November. The city of Chicago has a 10.25% goods and services tax for retail purchases.