1. Agreement Between User and RSNA: This is a binding agreement between the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), a not-for-profit organization, and you, the user. RSNA’s website is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein. By using RSNA’s website you confirm your acceptance of, and agree to be bound by, this agreement and all such terms, conditions and notices.
If you order an RSNA product, your email address is used to send you an order confirmation and to alert you to any changes in the availability of the items you ordered. RSNA may send occasional emails about changes to this website and product specials that may interest you.
4. RSNA Website Usage:
RSNA shall not be held responsible for damage or loss of any kind
due to your use of any product purchased on this site. RSNA reserves the right
to limit quantities and to reject orders from dealers and resellers.
RSNA disclaims liability for misprints, incomplete, stale or
otherwise inaccurate pricing distributed or provided by other parties or
websites including but not limited to shopping, search, or comparison engines
or similar entities on websites other than www3.rsna.org. In the event that
another entity provides inaccurate pricing for any reason, the price listed at
www3.rsna.org at the time of order will prevail. Further, RSNA reserves the
right to change its prices at any time without notice.
This website and all its contents are intended solely for
personal, noncommercial use. You may download or copy the contents displayed on
the website for personal use only. No right, title, or interest in any
downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any such
downloading or copying. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish,
transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or
participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of
the contents of this website. The content on this website may be used only as
an educational resource. Any other use, including the reproduction,
modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or
performance, of the content on this website is strictly prohibited.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the
security of this website, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not
intended for such user or logging onto a server or an account that the user is
not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the
vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication
measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service
to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting
a virus to the website, overloading, "flooding,"
"spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing"; (d)
sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products
or services; or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header
information in any email or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network
security may result in civil or criminal liability. RSNA will investigate
occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate
with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such
violations. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere
or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website or any activity
being conducted on this website.
We have engaged Inspectlet to analyse the
activities of visitors to this website, and Inspectlet’s authorized use of
cookies and other tracking technologies enable it to have access to Personal
Information of visitors to this website. Such access to and use of Personal
RSNA welcomes your comments about this website. However, any
comments, feedback, notes, messages, ideas, suggestions, or other communications
(collectively, "Comments") submitted by you shall be and remain the
exclusive property of RSNA. Your submission of any such Comments shall
constitute an assignment to RSNA of all worldwide rights, titles, and interests
in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. RSNA
will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish, and distribute any
material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without
compensating you in any way. Hence, RSNA asks that you not send any comments
that you do not wish to assign to RSNA, including any confidential information
or any original creative materials such as product ideas, computer code, or
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold RSNA harmless from and
against any and all claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including attorneys'
fees, arising from or related to your use of this website
5. Personally Identifiable Patient Data: Unless prior written individual authorization is obtained, you agree to not use or disclose on RSNA’s website any health information that identifies or with respect to which a reasonable basisexists to believe that the information can be used to identify an individual. Health information identifies an individual or creates a reasonable basis to identify an individual if: (1) it is created by or received from a health care provider, health plan, employer or health care clearinghouse; and (2) it relates to the past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition of the individual, the provision of health care to the individual, or the past, present or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual.
Health information that identifies or creates a reasonable basis to identify an individual includes the following types of information: name, address (including street address, city, county, zip code, or equivalent geocodes), names of relatives and employers, birth date, telephone and fax numbers, email addresses, Social Security number, medical record number, health plan beneficiary number, account number, certificate or license number, any vehicle or other device serial number, web URL, Internet Protocol (IP) address, finger or voice prints, photographic images, radiographic images or other diagnostic images that include identifying data, and any other unique identifying number, characteristic or code (whether generally available in the public realm or not) that you have a reason to believe may be available to an anticipated recipient of information.
Health information may be used or disclosed without written individual authorization only in the very narrow circumstance where it has been de-identified by eliminating the specified identifying information listed above and you have no reason to believe that a reasonably anticipated recipient could use the remaining information either alone or in combination with other information to identify the individual. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for any such determination and agree to indemnify RSNA for the consequences of such determination.
If federal or state requirements protecting individual health information are more restrictive than the regulations in this section of the agreement, then you agree to abide by the federal or state requirements.
6. Copyright Information
Copyrights – All contents of the RSNA website are: Copyright ©2010 Radiological Society of North America, Inc. (RSNA), All Rights Reserved.
With the exception of material on other servers that is linked to this server, all materials available on this server are copyrighted by the Radiological Society of North America, Inc. (RSNA), 820 Jorie Boulevard, Oak Brook, IL 60523-2251. Links can be made to any of these RSNA materials from your WWW pages. However, please link to the original documents. Copying and/or serving from your local website is allowed only with permission of the RSNA. As per copyright regulations, "fair use" of selected portions of the material for educational purposes by individuals and organizations is permitted provided that proper attribution accompanies such use. The RSNA copyright notice must appear on all copies.
Commercial reproduction or multiple distribution by any traditional or electronically based reproduction/publication method is prohibited. The name of the Radiological Society of North America, Inc. (RSNA), or the RSNA logo may not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of this information without specific, written prior permission. The Radiological Society of North America makes no representations about the suitability of this information for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
7. Links to Third-Party Websites: References on this website to any names, marks, products, or services of third parties or hypertext links to third-party sites or information are provided solely as a convenience to you and do not in any way constitute or imply RSNA endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the third party, information, product, or service. RSNA is not responsible for the content of any third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of material on such sites.
8. No Medical Advice or Referrals: The information posted on RSNA’s website should not be considered medical advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified radiologic professional. The RSNA does not answer specific medical questions or refer people to a particular radiologic professional.
9. No Literature or Web Searches: RSNA does not conduct searches of the medical literature or of information contained on the Internet for persons accessing this website and requesting such searches.
10. General Disclaimers, Exclusion of Damages, and Limitation of Liability: The information, software, products and services included in or available through the RSNA website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. RSNA may make improvements and/or changes in the RSNA website at any time. Advice received via the RSNA website should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions, and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice.
RSNA makes no representations about its website, including without limitation RSNA website’s suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness and accuracy of the information, materials, software, products, services, and graphics. RSNA provides RSNA’s website, including without limitation all information, materials, software, products, services and graphics “as is” without warranty of any kind.
Your sole and exclusive remedy if you are dissatisfied with any portion of the RSNA website is to discontinue using it. RSNA in no event under any circumstances whatsoever shall be liable for any direct, indirect, compensatory, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation damages for loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the RSNA website, with the delay or inability to use the RSNA website, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, materials, software, products, services, and graphics obtained through the RSNA website, security breaches, or otherwise arising out of the use of the RSNA website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise, even if RSNA has been advised of the possibility of damages.
Also in particular, in no event shall RSNA be held liable for any direct, indirect, compensatory, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising out of in connection with the information provided on RSNA’s website, including without limitation in connection with the use of techniques or procedures discussed on the RSNA website.
Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the exclusion of certain types of damages. Therefore, if and only if required by applicable law, some of the foregoing exclusions may not apply to you.
11. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify RSNA from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) and damages arising out of claims based upon your use of RSNA’s website, including without limitation any claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy or publicity, loss of service by other members and infringement of intellectual property or other rights. RSNA will notify you promptly of any claim which RSNA seeks indemnification and will afford you the opportunity to participate in the defense of such a claim, provided that your participation will not be conducted in a manner prejudicial to RSNA’s interests as reasonably determined by RSNA
12. Construction: If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including without limitation the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision, and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
13. RSNA Contact Information:
Radiological Society of North America
820 Jorie BlvdOak Brook, IL 60523-2251 USATelephone: 1-630-571-2670Toll Free U.S. and Canada: 1-800-381-6660Office Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm CT, Monday – Friday